the Balcony

digital-art-gif created by (me), © coco 💜🪻😉

❝ Mother of memories, mistress of mistresses,
O you, the all my pleasure, O you, the all my treasure!
You'll remember the sweetness of our caresses,
The peace of the fireside, the charm of the evenings.
Mother of memories, mistress of mistresses!
  The evenings were lighted by the glow of the coals,
  The evenings on the balcony, veiled with rose mist;
  How soft your breast was to me! how kind was your heart!
  We often said imperishable things,
  The evenings lighted by the glow of the coals.
How splendid the sunsets are on warm evenings!
How deep space is! how potent is the heart!
In bending over you, queen of adored women,
I thought I breathed the perfume in your blood.
How splendid the sunsets are on warm evenings!
  The night was growing dense like an encircling wall,
  My eyes in the darkness felt the fire of your gaze
  And I drank in your breath, O sweetness, O poison!
  And your feet nestled softly in my brotherly hands.
  The night was growing dense like an encircling wall.
I know the art of evoking happy moments,
And live again our past, my head laid on your knees,
For what's the good of seeking your languid beauty
Elsewhere than in your dear body and gentle heart?
I know the art of evoking happy moments.
  Those vows, those perfumes, those infinite kisses,
  Will they're reborn from a gulf we may not sound,
  As rejuvenated suns rise in the heavens
  After being bathed in the depths of deep seas?
  — O vows! O perfumes! O infinite kisses! ❞


Explore Popular Posts From This Blog

i wish

as sweet as a sin...

aedh wishes for the cloths of heaven

good for me

looking for me

every chance I get

porcelain

i'll come running

here I am

j'ai vu...